Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Ok Fat I Get, But Sodium??!!

So yeah, I likes me a double cheeseburger and large fry from MickeyD's on occassion. Today was such an occassion. I am blessed with a metabolism and overall good health to handle this unhealthy choice from time to time.

So while eating I happened to read the non-nutritional label on the wrappers. Fries, no suprise there that I was getting 47% of my calorie/fat intake for the day from fries or that they had 14% of my daily recommended sodium intake. Oh well.

Double cheeseburger: calories/fat 35% - again no surprise

But what is this? 1150mg of sodium?!??!! 48% of my daily sodium? How does that much sodium get into a cheeseburger?

So in one meal I got 82% of my calories/fat for the day and 62% of my sodium. Oh well, I don't eat much the rest of the day anyway. Really, lunch tends to be my biggest (but rarely healthiest) meal.

2 comments:

Gunfighter said...

Don't remind me... I wasn't terribly healthy at lunch (from the same place) today.

The Milk Maid said...

My hubby is on the chronic kidney diet and 100% = 50% for him. Dont look at labels- you will never eat again!!